Saturday, December 21, 2013

Bête Noire

                                            Picture Courtesy: Google

I am a scribe to this night-
this night, that has
addressed to me its agonies
and confessed to me
its handicap.

I am a stooge of this life-
this life, that has
needed me to be its accomplice
and needled me
into being.

To be or not to be?
To be or not to be?
I walk free.
And freedom's futility
is known to me.

Do you hear the violin
she plays?
And do you see him there,
fondling her chin
in his dream?
To be or not to be?
To see or to flee?

Words? Bah.
Songbirds.
He'd talked to me of flutes.
And his skin was blue.
I dived but didn't get through.
I am only a scribe to the night.
Yet when it rains,
I weep.

Embroideries of emotions
underline his eyes,
and they say
poetry is hyperbole.
Be. Don't be.

I am a slave to those eyes,
those eyes, that have
owned me an eternity
and owed me
tears.

When blackbirds
will reach the sun,
the horizon
will not be.
And they will not be.

No comments:

Post a Comment