Saturday, February 22, 2014

Free Fall

I

Last night,
my thumb worked
a silhouette on the
bed.

The wet stillness
lent it colour
and it evolved
into you.

I blew it
an unreal kiss
and bit my thumb,
and then I woke up,
woke up to a free fall.

I have been falling for years.

II

I have been falling for years-
going up, somewhere,
uncoiling rapidly.

I've been stuck in a free fall,
the cocoon of reality.

I still wear the dream
you'd spun,
for I fear nudity.

How did it begin,
you, me, and
you and me?

III

4 a.m.
February, 23.
I'm falling, falling, falling-
falling free.

IV

The silk sheet
has lost the contours
of your being.
You're free?
You're free.

I bite my thumb
and I suck the blood
that's there
but won't come out.

V

I'm away,
being stirred
in a cauldron of blood.
I know not
what stirs me.

No comments:

Post a Comment