Monday, August 4, 2014

His Hands

They ask me about my preferences:
"What do you like in a man?"
The 'Misses' at the University,
walking their eyes across my dress,
dragging white fingers across desktops,
killing
time.

Handbags. Eyes. Lipsticks.
"What would attract you?"

I hear them all, one by one
and never know what to say.
I do not know any men.

I dream. An evening drowned
in purple bruises and white lies.
Flies. And hands.

Hands that held the mood. Hands that played
it all. Hands that beat. Hands that were bitter
and hot. Hands that sawed air and broke
my breath into two. Hands that hush-hushed.
Hands that rubbed. And rubbed. And rubbed.

Hands that bloomed and betrayed. Hands that
contained. Hands that took, took, took.

Hands that crawled. Hands that clawed at the silence.
Hands in my hair.
Hands.

"Come on. Don't play shy!" She insists,
"The smile?" "Chivalry?" "The style?"

"His hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment