Sunday, April 17, 2016

Black

Before I learned circles were vicious,
long before my time turned malicious,
I had seen and known a benevolent soul,
within this pit, this bottomless hole -
I dwelt a wave of music; my hands clean;
I didn't perceive all that was but unseen.

Like a postponement of conscience,
like an ever - oscillating innocence,
I was strummed into a tune I didn't hear.
But now, sadly, everything is clear -
there's a tunnel that runs ahead of vision
and you're contained against your derision.

Your seeing the snake does not help at all;
you are caught forever in the free fall.
You run, you stop - the spiral continues;
the daze sickens and yet more life ensues.
What’s worse is that you look for a way back
into blindness, innocence, the colour 'black'.

No comments:

Post a Comment