Thursday, May 8, 2014

Run

"Run" I tell her
at the Cinderella Hour.

                                                “Forget the foot and float-
                                                  let your heart be a boat.”

Her heartbeats misled
by the wanderlust of Time;
I tell her to forget.
And to run.

That she can be told;
that she will hear,
is clear to me, too clear.

                                                “Don’t drop the drape, just dance;
                                                  embrace the womb of chance.”

Her thoughts gone astray;
feelings that no longer rhyme-
I tell her to forget.
And to run.

That she will uphold
whatever she’s told,
is clear, too clear.

                                                “Why weave yourself new wings?
                                                  The heart’s a sling with strings.”

“Run” I compel her.
“Run” I tell her.

No comments:

Post a Comment