Friday, May 2, 2014

Today I Build a Letter

Today I build a letter in my mind,
with loving words and little blocks of dreams;
a letter you will seek but never find.

Today I write with my small breaths aligned
to the spring of life and its many streams-
today I build a letter in my mind.

The dervish dances to tunes undefined;
what are planets spinning at their extremes?
The letter you will seek but never find.

Remember the times I’d been left behind-
because I would stop to collect sunbeams?
Today I build a letter in my mind.

Our love is a tide, let me but remind-
that which first forfeits and later redeems.
The letter you will seek but never find.

This ever-rising ladder that I lined,
is thoughts that but intertwined at the seams-
today I built a letter in my mind;
a letter you will seek but never find.

No comments:

Post a Comment