Monday, February 1, 2016

A Lot More Than Silence

I'm leavin' you these columns
where phantoms fume -
I'm leavin' you autumns
that scents consume -
I'm leavin' you the ghosts
that poetries stray -
I'm leavin' you coasts:
foam blighting the bay -
I'm leavin' you azure
mating with grey.

Grey.

I've smudged the old paintings
with my beautiful eyes.
I have longed to hear the first cries
of our love
as it is held against the bosom
of time.

Look, I shan't contain within me
the galaxies you talked of -
I'm leavin' you words
from the time you walked off.

I'm leavin' you the truth
I couldn't dismantle.
Lips, fingertips and clips.

I'm leavin' you torn sheets
and curly thoughts -
I'm leavin' you my defeats
and secret plots -
I'm leavin' you trampled innocence -
I'm leavin' you a garden
and the torture of a fence -
Soften, harden,
melt, regret, love, despise -
I'm leavin' you a lot more than silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment