Saturday, March 29, 2014

Begin with a Kiss

Should you choose to tell me
what it is to know these eyes,
should you choose to quell me
by pouring a surprise,
should you choose to compel me
to embrace you likewise-
remember to begin it with a kiss.

A kiss like hot springs
sprouting from the earth,
a kiss like firelings
dancing in a hearth,
a kiss that brings
our spirits all their mirth-
remember to begin it with a kiss.

Should you want to still me
in your liquid arms,
should you want to fill me,
a prayer in your palms,
should you want to kill me
with your many charms-
remember to first begin with a kiss.

A kiss like the moonbeam
that caresses the earth,
a kiss like the dreamy steam
surging up the hearth,
a kiss that would stream
from explosions of mirth-
remember to begin it with a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment