Saturday, March 1, 2014

Transcendence

"How to?" "So true!" "Will do." "Won't do."
Balding snippets, agents of Discord.
"How odd!" "Oh God!" And the cold-blooded nod.
So unlike the red to blue
of our silences all day long.
So unlike the red to blue of me and you.

Lifelines everywhere, ebbing
while the brown ringlets of my hair
become Time's roots-
my fingers weave a spiral
and deep the waves travel, deep into you.

The cliff spits at me. Ifs and buts are echoes
that return; mice that won't be Gullivered.
"Pull over." "Game over." "Deliver?"
The dregs of a river.
So unlike the red and blue
in an "I love you."

My eyes had drooled at the words
you'd stripped off your soul.
I now school the quiet quite like you.

The cliff spits at me, but its echoes
do not outwit the music of our
Mercuries and Plutos,
that go from red to blue,
that go from red to blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment