Saturday, March 8, 2014

Electricity

Breathing is a mania, a duck-hunt, a chase.
I'm tired, being wired to these sapless days.
What lures me is the circuitous
trail of your love.
Come shock me again
and the days won't be hapless.

Nudge me again with a liquid name,
bring me the thrill of shame.
Look at me and sting me,
leave me sore.
Sing in my veins like life,
once more.

I'll die this time, I swear,
be gone with the current.
Bring me the blues, burn me black;
occur in me, a seed of death.

Your painless plainness
and its electric bite
might kill me this time
and set it all right?

Collide, break me to bits.
Shake me, wake my wits.
I'll shiver and shudder and yet be brave
until you kill me, make me a wave;
bring on a quake,
come kill me, kill me, kill me.

I'm tired, all wired, connected to you.
Tickle me into tranquility, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment